You likely have quite a few questions regarding the process of getting signed up, what coaching looks like, and how it will benefit you. Here’s a few questions we’ve compiled to help you move forward with clarity and purpose.
note: we suggest you head over to the pricing page to identify any of the pricing options and packages that are available. Know that it is our mission to help any and all people we can who struggle with ADHD, and as such are willing to work with you on pricing structures not listed on our Pricing page.
- What is a discovery session?
- A discovery session is a free, 30 minute session that will allow you to get to know your coach, and discuss any questions you have, including getting a basic understanding of ADHD, what symptoms you’re experiencing, and whether ADHD Coaching is the right fit for you.
- How do I sign up for a coaching package?
- What does ADHD coaching look like?
- ADHD coaching is a specialized type of coaching that focuses on helping individuals with Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD) develop strategies to manage their symptoms and improve their daily functioning. Reflective Inquiry is a type of mindset coaching which combines reflection (serious thought or consideration) and inquiry (investigation or asking for information) to deepen a client’s understanding of their situation, fostering new perspectives. This is used to help clients in the process of identifying their true desires, setting objectives and working toward them. With your ADHD coach you’ll also work on creating structured routines, developing organizational skills, and learning coping strategies. Your coach will use something called “strengths-based coaching,” which refers to the mindset of building up your unique strengths, and lessening any struggles. Through this they’ll also offer support, accountability, and guidance to help you navigate the challenges associated with ADHD in personal, academic, or professional settings.
- How do I prepare for my first coaching session?
- Your first coaching session will come after your discovery session with your coach. To prepare for the coaching relationship, you’ll be asked to complete a Coaching agreement and a worksheet on “how to get the most out of your coaching sessions.” You’ll also be asked to fill out a VIA Character Strengths Assessment, which is a short questionnaire that will help reveal strengths you may not have known you had.
- What will my first session will look like?
- After having decided upon a coaching package, you will meet at the designated date and time for an hour. During this conversation, you’ll have the chance to discuss the strengths you discovered while doing the VIA Character Strengths Assessment in preparation for this meeting, then discussing where you’re struggling, how you’re struggling, and what can be done to move you from where you are to where you’d like to be.
note: if you haven’t decided on a package, and are looking for clarity on certain things, feel free to set up a discovery session anyway, and it’s something we can cover within that session.
The Kick Off
Once you’re all set up with a package and have agreed to a coaching schedule. Your coach will set you up with two specific things:
- A Coaching Agreement:
- This is how the coaching relationship begins. This is a short document identifying rules and regulations from the International Coaching Federation by which our coaching must abide, and our respective responsibilities as coach and client.
- Our “How to Get the Most Out of ADHD Coaching” Worksheet
- This provides in a simple, summarized format, what our responsibilities are, ensuring we’re both on the same page as we get started.